In times like this, simply knowing God’s words will give you the power to live out your days without fear or battling with uncertainty over what the future holds. God’s promises are true and He is faithful to bring them all to pass.
God’s word constantly reminds us that He is still at work, even when difficult things surround us. As believers, we must strive to bring the life and love of Jesus Christ to the world.
The world is dying from the pandemic COVID-19, everyone everywhere in the world is experiencing anxiety, panic and fear. How can you respond to all of these happenings around you as a follower of Christ?
First, stay informed and share truthful/ accurate information from health organizations like the World Health Organization and Nigeria Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC).
Maintain a high degree of hygiene. If you’re not sick:
- Avoid close contact with those who are.
- Thoroughly and frequently wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- If you can avoid public places, stay at home! consider your impact.
- Understand that quarantines will help slow the spread of COVID-
If you think you are sick OR might be sick:
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Disinfect surfaces you’ve touched.
- Wear a face mask if available. If not, cover your nose and mouth.
FEAR… everyone around the world is in a state of fear, which is leading many to panic and lose hope. Do Not Surrender to Fear. Let faith be your antidote to fear, look to the peace and power of God in His word, his promises.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (NIV),
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)
As believers, this is the time to care for the sick by being socially conscious, considerate, and thorough in practising personal hygiene.