“It is not to angels He has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. But there is a place where someone has testified: ‘What is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him? You made him a little lower than the angels; You crowned him with glory and honour and put everything under his feet.’
Putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present, we do not see everything subject to him. BUT WE SEE JESUS, who was made a little lower than the angels, NOW CROWNED WITH GLORY AND HONOUR because He suffered death so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone…Since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might destroy him who holds the power of death – that is the devil – and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death” (Hebrews 2: 5-15).
Our Lord Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day more than 2000 years ago, but looking at the world today, man does not yet seem to have all things under his feet, terrorism and Covid-19 just being examples.
The beauty of God’s revelation is that He is a God of process. Man, crowned with glory and honour, capitulated to Satan in the Garden of Eden and became slave to him. Jesus came to his rescue as the Perfect God-Man and died and rose again and defeated Satan and death and will restore all that Man lost.
Today let us thank our Lord Jesus Christ for paying a debt He did not owe, to set us free from captivity because we owed a debt we could never pay. Let us thank Him for the blood He shed for our redemption and peace and protection.
Join us for the WORLDWIDE PRAYER CHAIN
WORLDWIDE PRAYER CHAIN
LET US JOIN A WORLDWIDE PRAYER CHAIN FOR AN HOUR TODAY 10 APRIL, 2020, AT 7 PM AND AN HOUR TOMORROW AT 11 APRIL, 2020 AT 7 AM:
1. God’s succour, comfort and healing for those affected by COVID-19 in any way.
2. God’s protection for all Health Workers who are in the frontline of the battle against this pandemic and are overloaded at this time.
3. Wisdom for all the Leaders of the Nations in their decisions.1 Tim. 2:1-8.
4. For God’s miraculous intervention so that this season will pass away quickly.
5. God to overrule all the plans of Satan, and for the Church to emerge from this period stronger and purer.
-The Navigators Nigeria Prayer Team